Saturday, June 6, 2009

Education Can Often Bring the Desired Change You Want

I'm not the most successful person on the planet but have been educating myself, my entire life. I have always had some sort of fascination with public libraries and books. I was never a good reader but was excellent, and prided myself at how good I was at looking at the pictures. I graduated high school with a sixth-grade reading level and had only read two books from cover to cover by the time I was 18 years old.

My reading skills gradually increased but I rarely have time to read, because of my job. As a contractor, I spent a lot of time reading job specifications and contracts. Most of this reading was necessary to my survival. These contracts would often have loop holes that could cost me a small fortune, while the project specifications could have put me out of business if they weren't understood correctly.

My skills in the construction business increased as the years went on because of the information I gathered on the job site, dealing with other contractors, architects and engineers. This helped me move my family from survival, living from paycheck to paycheck to stability, having money in the bank and options. Options I wouldn't have had living paycheck to paycheck.

One of these options was the ability to purchase more books on a variety of topics. These books with a little application, over time have taught me how to write better, type, perform almost any construction task, create a happier life, become what I would consider a better person, one that others like to be around and of course last but not least a spiritual path that is leading me to enlightenment.

Ignorance is our only enemy and education is the key to a better life. If you're business requires certain skills for advancement, educate yourself and start advancing in your business. Soon you could become invaluable to your company or start your own business. This education could allow you to take more time off, spend more time with your family, or gather more information to make your life easier and those around you.

Ignorance isn't our only enemy but it seems to be one of the easiest ones to overcome. We think we can do very little, when it comes to poverty, health, sanitation and education but you're wrong, with a few inspirational words, people have changed entire countries. Think about the change you could make and then seek to make the change. Why not start with a couple of books.

Achieving Ultimate Goals

You are free to copy this article to your site as long as you include the following resource information with an active link to my site:

Greg Vanden Berge is a published author, internet marketing expert, motivational inspiration to millions of people all over the world and is sharing some of his wisdom with experts in the fields of writing,marketing and personal development.

Greg is currently working on a Super Movies filled with great movies on a wide array of topics, like religion, self help and spiritual changes in the world.

Dealing With Selfish Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment